Friday, January 13, 2006

Why I'm Not a Hipster.

Things like this:

I like the new Madonna album. There, I've said it.

The lyrics suck. It received a 6.2 on Pitchfork. (In order to secure proper "hipster" status, you can only buy albums whose ratings are 8.0 and above. This is a proven FACT.) She rips everyone off. Except ABBA, which she actually credited. She gets Krazy Kabbalah preachy. She says "I'm sorry" in 14 different languages, which I'm sorry (Mi dispiace), is just really cheesy.

However, the wall of sound that accompanies all this craziness is irresistible. Even though I actually recognize an Apple loop or two. It's dancy and brooding and fun and cheesy and interesting and I'm cranking it right now. I want to jump up out of my chair and dance. Ok I will.

I'm back. Whew, what fun! My friends say I should be more discriminating in my musical tastes. I tell them they should take their brown-vintage-clothes-wearin, unwashed-mullet-lovin-hair back to Brooklyn and relax!

I like the new Madonna album.

No comments: