Sunday, August 06, 2006

Spill a drink on your head.

So, my friend Karl does this thing where he enlists peeps to submit Top 7 lists. He posts them on his site as the "TG7," TG being "Tough Guy." Because he is.

So, one of the more recent entries lists 7 things/people that "if you think are funny, my opinion of you will suffer," or something like that. Pretty funny. The first thing/person on this list is Dane Cook. I have never heard of Dane Cook. Apparently, Dane Cook is a comedian. Or something.

So I'm at the bar last night, you know, working, and a couple of dudes walk in. Most of the patrons at my bar are of the button-down shirt/baseball cap variety. This dude had a button-down shirt and a baseball cap. I was wearing one of my Superman t-shirts, to perhaps incite some more discussion about the film (success), but mostly because I'm not ready to put them away yet.

So this dude goes, "Hey. Did you ever hear of Dane Cook?"

I'm thinking, gee. I know that name from somewhere... but I can't remember, so I answer, "No."

"Oh, he's a comedian.. and he has this joke, where if you see someone walking down the street in a Superman t-shirt, you should shoot them.."

"Sounds funny. Are you going to shoot me?" I ask.

He laughs. "It looks good on you, though," he says.

You bet it does, buddy. Because you and I both know that I have total control over whatever you do or don't drink at this bar, and by the looks of you, you're going to be wanting a lot more of that bud light. I did not say this. Instead, I got him drunk and he left me a 70% tip.

Dane Cook. Now on my developing list of "7 People that I would totally accidentally spill a drink on if I were to ever meet them at a party. Because they're stupid." Title is pending.

1 comment:

Pops Gustav said...

Gee, and I hated Dane Cook without even HEARING that Superman joke.