Went to dinner with THE EX yesterday. It was really nice to see him. He looked great, maybe a little shorter than I remember him being. Neither of us were hungry, so we feasted on wine and bread. Well, more wine than bread. And as a result when one feasts on wine, there was much talking. It was good.
He has a girlfriend. And she's needy: she called four times during our two-hour tryst. He didn't seem to mind; indeed, he took her call twice. I can't even imagine how that would be acceptable. But that's not me. And maybe why we didn't work out so well. I remember him getting upset with me because I didn't call enough. Maybe he just needed, well, needy. Who knows. Mostly, I was so happy for him. I want him, more than anything, to find his happiness. But there was that little part, that 5% of me, that pulled on those scabby bits in my heart and made it hurt. Just a little.
Anyway. It was nice to finally be able to articulate "what went wrong" and have it reciprocated. And more importantly, it wasn't all my fault. Finally.
He has a girlfriend.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment