How I spent my New Year's Eve. Went to my parents'. Watched football. Drank beer. Went to my brother's at halftime. Watched more football, drank more beer. It started to snow. Went to local bar with deer head on wall. Many pick-up trucks in parking lot. Drank more beer. Watched football team win. Cover band played Black Sabbath "War Pigs" and "Iron Man" as the New Year rang in. All the girls at the bar, I noticed, had beer guts and wore acid-wash jeans, too small for their waistlines. C'est la vie, the men really dug it. Most of the men had facial hair. And flannel shirts. And yes, mullets. I suspected their matching pick-ups had shotguns in the back. Drank more beer. Went back to brother's. He showed us the WNNJ "Rock and Roll Fantasy" 2006 Calendar, where a THIRD of the girls inside were representing my town(!). (Funny, I don't remember any of them. OH that's right. They were MAYBE born when I was graduating high school. But you can meet them on January 21st at JRF Tire in Franklin.)
We drank. We drove. We yelled. We laughed. We sang Black Sabbath songs. We got sick and drank some more. And gosh darn it, I loved every minute of it. Happy New Year. Love, me.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment